Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cambridge porch again


Here's another Cambridge porch study. I did this one as a gift for a bunch of costumer fans who had given me a portfolio of custom-made pose photographs for use as art references. This building, which was only a block from my own residence, was notable for its woodwork. In 1984-1985 I took classes in architectural drawing from nearby Harvard Graduate School of Design, and that has influenced my drawings of buildings from then until now. This picture is dated 1986. Note that there is a major mistake in this drawing, which I haven't caught until now, while closely restoring the image. The mailbox mounted on the blue wall near the door has no shadow underneath it. I could have simply created one in Photoshop but decided to leave it as is.

Ink and watercolor on Fabriano paper, about 10" x 8", summer 1986. Restored from a poorly photographed and preserved color slide.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

I realy like this...once we do your Winery book maybe you can do another with things like this!