Friday, October 5, 2012

Mexican Menu Stained Glass


Paco's Tacos had a Sunday brunch which featured Mexican style breakfast dishes, each ordered separately, such as "huevos rancheros" or fried eggs with tomato and chile stuff all over them. Chilaquiles was some sort of mix of tortilla slices with cheese, eggs, and salsa. I never ate the Sunday brunch because I can't stand eggs. I designed signs for it though including this "stained glass" style board in eggy, tomato red colors. Even with all those menus and working in the restaurant, I never quite got to like Mexican food as much as other cuisines. My favorite ethnic cuisine in the whole world is Italian.

Meanwhile on the pin-up front, I have resumed doing pencil sketches of girls from posed photomodels. None of my friends need fear that I will turn her (or him!) into a pin-up. I have ordered this book, privately printed from Dutch artist Frans Mensink, which addresses my needs directly. I typed "how to do digital pin-ups" into the Almighty (Google). I loves the internets.

"Sunday Brunch" is markers on posterboard, 21" x 13", winter 1980.

No comments: