Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mexican Menu Quetzalcoatl


I took another image from my collection of Mesoamerican art for this late-series Mexican menu. Quetzalcoatl, the "Feathered Serpent," was also supposed (in now-discredited sources) to be a white, bearded divinity who would be the Savior of the Aztecs. I depicted this figure, therefore, with pink arms and legs and a monstrous pink and white face. If I were doing this series of commercial illustrations nowadays, I'd have to be much more careful where I got my cultural material from. 

Anyway, Tristan, here's another of my Mesoamerican-inspired images that you like so much. Maybe, if I have the time, I'll do a "modern" one and bring it to Darkovercon. I'm still deciding what art I will bring to the annual show there. 

Markers on posterboard, 21" x 13", spring 1980.

No comments: