Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Compact Porch


Thunder rumbled on a sultry day, but no rain fell as I did my work break drawing. I sat on my little folding camp stool which I have kept for outdoor sketching and am finally putting to use. This house, which is very close to my workplace, has a compact little porch, big enough for only one or two chairs. I think it is amateur-built as it is unpainted and slightly unfinished. I've photographed it before on a freezing winter day and today I didn't get a complete view due to the leaves. During my drawing session the resident came out and asked me whether I needed help. I waved my pen and drawing book about and said that I was doing a drawing. Residents are often suspicious of my artistic activity. But as long as I stay on the sidewalk (which is public property) I can legally draw whatever I want.

Pitt technical pen on sketchbook page, about 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", July 31, 2012.

No comments: