Sunday, August 5, 2012

August at Piedmont Winery


I revisited Piedmont Vineyards and Winery on "wine Saturday" and found, as I had heard in rumors, that the place is up for sale. The Piedmont wines that I liked so much were sold out and the place was instead offering wines from a Charlottesville-area winery. Meanwhile, the vines were overgrown and neglected, which made me feel sad. The going price for this valuable land and winery is about 5 million dollars, which is a bit above my affordability range. I hope they can find a buyer so that the peaceful place can continue. Otherwise some excessively rich person might grab the land and build some ostentatious palace on it. I did this study while sipping on their deck, even though it was quite hot outside. The greens of trees and grass are now the golden tint of August. 

Colored pencil on sketchbook page, about 6 1/2" x 9", August 4, 2012.

No comments: