Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Neglected Cottage Next Door


This cottage is right next to the shopping center where my workplace is located. It has been neglected and overgrown for a long while, though not abandoned. Someone owns it, but as far as I can see no one lives there. Some years ago it had a "for sale" sign on it, and then a "for rent" sign. At one point I did see people living there, in a sort of grubby way with broken down furniture on the lawn. Now I see no one there. I would have liked to live here, since it is next door to work, but the location on a noisy main highway isn't very restful. Still, it would be nice to live in a house with a back yard rather than an apartment. It would probably take a lot of money to make this place habitable again. I don't think "Architectural Digest" would feature it.

Staedtler technical pen on sketchbook page, 6" x 6", June 25, 2012.

No comments: