Friday, June 1, 2012

Mexican Menu T-Shirt


I ran out of ideas for menu boards, so I asked the customers what they would like to see. One regular customer suggested depicting the T-shirt that we wore, so here it is. Red and white were Paco's Tacos colors, and the shirt also had the logo of the place. Paco's Tacos logo had a cute cartoon pelican ("Paco") wearing a Mexican hat. You couldn't see it too well from my poor rendering on this shirt drawing. I still have this shirt somewhere. But I don't fit into it any more. 

Later, I tried to do a personal business logo for the T-shirt customer, but she constantly demanded changes and refinements and in the days of expensive photostats of type which you had to glue together, I never finished the job. It was an early graphics failure for me which I have never forgotten.

"Paco's Tacos Shirt" is markers on posterboard, 21" x 13", winter 1979. Major restoration in Pacoshop.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Wow, in the thumnail I thought it was an actual Tshirt!