Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mexican Menu Ritual Taco


Among the Mexican foods and knicknacks in the restaurant, I decided to do some "authentic" Mexican designs for the menu boards. I did some research in Mayan art, costumes, and architecture and came up with enough material for many signs. Here is a Mayan dignitary doing what I titled the picture: "Ritual Sacrifice of the Sacred Taco." On the left are my sketchy interpretations of Mayan glyphs. A bowl of incense perfumes the ritual scene. I also tried to play with type, making up a typeface which was a bit reminiscent of Mayan glyph writing. Thinking about Mexican food makes me hungry, even in the middle of the night. 

"Sacred Taco" is markers on posterboard, 21" x 13", winter 1979. Extensively restored in Photoshop.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

You realy shoudl do more Aztec/Myan style art. You have shown a few on here and I like them all!