Friday, June 8, 2012

Local Architecture 1


Here's another quick drawing of a house near my workplace, drawn in about 20 minutes while I am on work break. None of the houses in the "Pimmit Hills" neighborhood are old; the place was built in 1950 to house war veterans and their families. Most of the residences have been extensively re-modeled or even rebuilt from the ground up, so few houses in this neighborhood look alike. This one has a deep porch which extends into a carport, which makes for an interesting front elevation. I'll probably draw the carport from another view later on. The only problem with making these drawings during my break is that I am not walking and getting good exercise while I am drawing them. I'll figure that one out sooner or later.

Original drawing is technical pen on sketchbook page, about 5" x 5", June 6, 2012.

No comments: