Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mexican Menu Star Wars


I wouldn't want to miss a post without good reason, so here's my post for May 23. I was just too tired to post earlier today when I usually do after midnight. I'm preparing, rather stupidly, for Balticon, where I will only be able to show older pieces since I didn't get the Big Painting done in time. My personal scheduling and life planning has sucked this year. Well, more vintage graphics from Paco's Tacos here. We did Star Trek, so naturally we had to do Star Wars, which was really fresh in our memories in the late 70s. I adapted the now-famous "perspective crawl" yellow lettering to our menu, and added some X-wings and TIE fighters, with the "Death Star" in the background. Luke Skywalker, your tacos are ready.

Star Wars menu board is markers on posterboard, 21" x 13", winter 1979.

No comments: