Monday, April 16, 2012

Earth-X



I thought that I had blogged this piece before on "Art By-Products" but I guess not. I'm doing a similar concept to this with my Big Painting, that is, an evocation of Earth imbedded in a geometric abstraction. This painting, titled "Earth-X" after a Marvel Comics series, is still hanging on my wall, since I don't really want to sell it. I really love the color scheme of orange, black, and sky blue. "Earth-X" may be another Earth in another universe. Maybe the sky is orange and the land is blue there. This is a tiny painting done on colored paper, so all those orange areas are the original paper color. At one point I used it as the header decoration for my original Blog, "Electron Blue," which ran from 2004 to 2008. I have a whole lot of these geometric abstractions in my studio collection. People (usually educated refined arty types) love these abstractions but very few have ever bought one from me.

"Earth-X" is acrylic gouache on orange paper, 10" x 7", November 2003.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Ilike this one and love that you used the paper color as part of the finished work!