Monday, March 5, 2012

Another Practice Page



"Art Models 6" is truly a wonderful resource. The models are all captured in poses that have a hint of motion, rather than the usual static statue poses. ("Art Models 4" specialized in those "classic" poses, which is why I didn't buy it.) Not only that, "Art Models 6" has more pronounced lighting, so that you can see the 3-dimensional form of the body instead of just a flat figure. Today's practice page features two poses from A.M.6. One of the models is wearing high heels, which no live model I have ever drawn has worn. High heels are the current symbol of "empowered" women despite the impossibility and pain of walking any distance in them. It's a paradox I don't quite understand, but I don't wear high heels anyway. In the fantasy illustrations I aspire to, women even wear high-heeled spacesuits and battle armor! Therefore I must know how to draw this, whether I like it or not. I am going to have to do hundreds of studies like this, both of dragons and human figures. My aim is to attain the spectacular level of proficiency in digital fantasy art that is shown by the young Asian boys on CG Hub. You can see it at the link on this Blog, to the right of your screen.

Two nude studies from Art Models 6 are done in "digital pencil," 8 1/2" x 11", March 4 and 5, 2012.

No comments: