Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Your Dollar Goes Farther



Your dollar goes farther...or is it further? I can't figure that one out. The dictionary and style guide says that "farther" is a measure of physical distance, while "further" is metaphorical. But in this case, the "farther" your dollar goes is not a real distance, other than the trip from your wallet to the cash register. It's metaphorical, so I suppose it should say, "Your dollar goes further..." but yet, I'm using a graphic of an antique car which really does go farther, if it were a real car and not a graphic, if you get what I'm trying to say. I am probably going to get comments on it from the highly educated customers, but if they say something, it means that they at least looked at my ad and didn't ignore it.

I did this piece today, ordered directly from the manager to me. The bottom empty area is for the name and price of the product. I haven't been doing much graphic work for Trader Joe's, they have been using me to run the cash register instead. But a new manager is about to arrive, so some things may change.

"Your Dollar" graphic is 8 1/4" x 6 1/8", markers on cardstock, February 21, 2012.

1 comment:

Rae Trigg said...

I believe technically it's supposed to be 'further', but you're making a visual play on the word 'farther', so it makes more sense to use it given the illustration.