Monday, January 23, 2012

Quick-Klee

Here's another of my first attempts at digital art using the MacPaint program back in the mid-80s, printed out on my neighbor's printer. I could make squares and rectangles, (and one oval) simply with moving a mouse around! And the squares and rectangles all lined up, in a way that it would take hours to do with a pencil and a ruler. You couldn't add color into it just yet, but MacPaint had all these interesting and sort of industrial patterns you could put into your shapes. So much fun, but yet I didn't seriously get into computer art till the early 1990s. I didn't make the move to have one of these revolutionary devices until 1991, when I got my first PC.

The digital piece here is titled "Quick-Klee," in honor of Paul Klee, one of my favorite abstract artists. I think Klee would have loved playing with the computer.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Not my kind of art but I love the title/pun!