Friday, January 27, 2012

Most of a Pin-up Girl



This is as finished as I'm going to go with my first "official" digital nude sketch. The lower legs of this girl were documented earlier, and I didn't feel like combining and attaching them. So she's sitting on a white sheet and covering up her legs or something. I don't want to deprive her of her limbs but she is only a sketch after all. I see many failures in this digital "painting" which will be remedied in later attempts. As for the bikini armor and giant sword, that will be part of subsequent assignments. No one is assigning me but myself, you understand, but I always work better when I have some sort of goal in mind. Later I will even put time limits on my "assignment" to simulate an art school or commercial studio environment. I don't know if I will go so far as to require all-nighters from me just to get the work done on time, but then I'm up all night anyway mostly.

Photoshop, about 8" x 8" (print size).

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

The hand looks off but the rest is shaping up nicely!