Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Horse-like Dragon


My latest page of dragon drawings, copied or inspired by Peffer's book, show a traditional Western type of dragon that looks somewhat like a winged horse, with its large quadruped limbs and horselike head. This type of dragon is similar to the Welsh dragon which is on that country's flag. Some artists have created fantasy anatomical drawings of just what a dragon's musculature should look like, based on animal anatomy. There is a dragon's hoard of "information" about these creatures! I have always been ashamed of liking dragons because they are too large and fierce for what I am supposed to be, which is some sort of service provider. But I do enjoy them! There are many species and the horse-like "Welsh" dragon is only one of them.

Dragon studies are pencil, 11" x 8 1/2", January 25, 2012.

1 comment:

SheCommerce said...

Can I ask what gave you the inspiration to draw this?
Did it come in a vision, a dream or what?

I am interested to know how this image come to you as I have had this exact image come to me through one of my new born foals. I am an animal communicator. So went searching and found this. My foal is a Welsh B pony and was terribly ill and died but sent me many images of almost the exact image you have drawn.

Sounds weird I know, but I am interested in your source?