Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Digital Pencil Figure



Today's figure sketch was done in "digital pencil" using Photoshop and my Wacom tablet. I've used this tablet for years now and still have trouble making drawings with it. The stylus slides around too easily on the slick plastic surface, it doesn't have the resistance that pencil on paper has. But if I scan in original pencil drawings, they get a grainy texture I don't like. The model is from one of my "Art Models" books, each of which comes with a DVD loaded with all the model photographs from the book and hundreds more from different angles of the same pose. It's "virtual life drawing" and is all I can manage at this point. I am still trying to find an opportunity to draw from a live model that does not conflict with my day job work schedule. I want a model who will take comic-book, pin-up, and superhero poses for me.

No comments: