Monday, January 16, 2012

Digital Pencil Figure 2



Here's another figure study in "digital pencil." Model is from "Art Models 6." I'm trying to learn to control the Wacom tablet and stylus so it looks as much like pencil as I can make it. I stylized the face because I didn't have a lot of time to do this drawing. Life drawings are usually made under time pressure and I want to simulate that when I am drawing on the computer. I used a lot of "digital erasing" too including a feature that controls the amount of drawing that you erase, it's not just there or not-there. A real eraser will do the same thing. Now if I can invent "digital eraser leavings" that I have to brush off the screen, then it will really be like a realistic art studio drawing.

This is all part of this year's human figure and dragon practice campaign. Photoshop, January 16, 2012.

No comments: