Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In Memoriam "ZipDrive"



I have many, many friends who are cat lovers, and some friends who are cat breeders as well. I have done a lot of art for cat-related purposes such as logos or show awards or T-shirts. This was a portrait of a champion Maine Coon named "Marcus Brutus," which I did on commission for a cat breeder.

I post this majestic Maine Coon image in memory of another majestic Maine Coon, "ZipDrive," who left this world just a few days ago. He was the beloved cat of my friends in Lawrence, Kansas, and he will be greatly missed. I never met him in person, but I saw many endearing photos. I offer this tribute to the departed ZipDrive, long may his memory endure.

"Marcus Brutus" is black ink on illustration board, about 6" x 7", 2003.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you for a fitting tribute. Zip Drive was a big and very companionable Coonie, full of what you could call dingity. I do wish that you had met him. Analog is still with us, and though she wouldn't dream of admitting it, she misses him too.

Tristan Alexander said...

Nice ink work! Nice tribute! Haveing 6 cats I know how each one has a special plavce in our lives and how much they are missed when one passes!