Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cat Girl miniature



I did Leslie's portrait as a streetwise, knife-wielding cat girl. The stripes on her shirt were like the stripes on an alley cat's coat. I put the cat's ears where they would be on a cat, rather than giving her pointed furry humanlike ears. She probably has a tail, but you can't see it in this portrait. Leslie still frequents conventions and I see her about once a year, but I suspect this portrait has gone the way of most of these miniatures, lost in many chaotic moves from one residence to another. I suppose I could ask her next time I see her. I think this counts as mildly "anthropomorphic," that is, mixing human with animal in a fantasy character.

Leslie the cat girl's miniature portrait is 3 1/2" x 2 1/4", ink and watercolor on Fabriano paper, February 1989. Colors restored in Photoshop from a poor photograph.

No comments: