Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jedi Jawa color final


It's not in the films, but in the wider world of the Star Wars universe, where the gamers play, a Jawa can become a Jedi. Jawas, as you may recall from the original "Star Wars" film now called "Episode 4," are little rat-like humanoids who collect junk and live in the desert. If one of them became a Jedi, able to use the magical "Force" and wield a lightsaber, he would probably still collect junk and tinker with whatever came his way. Here, a "Jedi Jawa" brandishes his lightsaber, holding a rather unhappy robot head under his left paw. This character was described to me by my game-playing co-worker, with some image suggestions; the rest of the concept was up to me. I posted the original drawing for this, here in late August.

I hope to add this to my portfolio and eventually have enough modern fantasy, s.f. and game related art to begin looking for illustration work.

"Jedi Jawa" is Photoshop, 7" x 10", 300 dpi, August-September 2011. Click on the pic for a larger image.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

You have acheived your goal, it looks like every other digital picture out there. Artisticaly, I would add a darker shadow of the figure behind him. The light from the light sabre etc would throw a stronger shadow (in my oppinion).