Friday, August 26, 2011

Storm Sunset



It was a weathery day today, with rumbles of thunder and splashing rain. Just at sunset the clouds cleared, allowing ruddy sunlight to illumine the neighborhood with an eerie pink light. I set my visual mind to "record" and an hour or two later produced this Photoshop sketch, of the trees near my building and the glowing sky.

It seems a hurricane is coming, so if I lose power then there won't be any By-Product for a while. I guess the Virginia earthquake wasn't enough for Nature's Fury, or perhaps just Nature's Crankiness. I remember that after the destruction by Hurricane Isabel in 2003, my dwelling was without electricity for 3 long days, and I read and ate by candlelight. However, I can't blog by candlepower. We will see.

Photoshop, 10" x 7", August 25, 2011.

No comments: