Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Klaatu Barada Nikto miniature


The client for this nametag miniature (with her initials, R.E.S.), requested an image of "Gort," the giant robot which appeared in the classic science fiction film "The Day the Earth Stood Still." This movie continues to be one of the greatest s.f. films ever made, despite the proliferation in modern times of elaborate computer-generated special effects. I live near Washington, DC, and every time I go downtown I secretly hope that Michael Rennie in his flying saucer would fly in from the sky and plop down on the Mall in front of the Washington Monument. That would show them politicians something, though I don't know what.

"Klaatu Barada Nikto" is ink and watercolor on Fabriano paper, 2 1/4" x 3 1/2", Fall 1977.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

One of my Favorite old movies!