Friday, August 19, 2011

iPorch



I got to use my iPad for sketching only once during my short vacation. However, I am getting better at using the "Art Studio" app which is the closest in operation to Photoshop. With"Art Studio" you can block out what you want to put color in, and that gives you straight lines so that you can depict stuff like the porch pillar here. This is the porch of the "Inn on Poplar Hill" and I had plenty of time to portray their almost tropical landscaping. They have tall decorative grass and lots of wild-looking perennial flowers as well as viney foliage twining around the porch railing. You can sit in a rocking chair and just enjoy the quiet, until the train comes through town, but I love the train anyway. It rained for a few minutes and then I reluctantly had to pack up and go. This is the last picture from my recent tour.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Looking good! You're really getting the hang of the software. :)