Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Coffee Faerie Queen



As a Starbucks devotee, I consume coffee there constantly. Some years ago, I had the privilege of decorating their "Daily Offerings" board with fanciful designs, changing every few months. As long as I decorated there, I would get free coffee from that shop. My model for this one was a beautiful Somali girl who was a barista there that year. She wore Islamic garb but she looked like a fashion model wearing it. I transformed her into the Coffee Faerie Queen, complete with wings and brocade-trimmed robes. I did fanciful designs like this for a number of Starbuckses over the years, but in 2009 their policy changed and only people who actually worked there could do the boards. And all the designs for the boards must be strictly copied from examples in Starbucks' marketing book for that season. But I had a good time being coffee creative while I could. The corner at the upper left was intentionally left blank to accommodate a pre-made Starbucks graphic. This board dates from June of 2006.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

To bad they got stupid. This looks like an Ice Cream package for some exotic ice cream...very good graphics!