Thursday, May 5, 2011

Figure in Colored Pencil



More figure drawing happened tonight at Falls Church Arts. This time I took my colored pencils with me and attempted to render the many interesting light, shadow, and skin tones on our expert model. The model has had a long career working for artists, including being a live model for Disney animators in Florida. She said that during the production of Disney films such as "Lilo and Stitch," the company kept models on 24-hour call so that if the artists (working all night) got into a problem, they could immediately work it out with the help of a professional model. Imagine that! That was a while ago, now they probably just use the abysmal "Poser" or other 3-D computer figure generating software.

Figure drawing is colored pencil on sketchbook paper, about 7" x 9", May 4, 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has distaste for the 'Poser' program... :D