Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cat Sketches



My friends in Lawrence, Kansas, love cats and share their lives with at least two at any given time. When I visited Kansas in my "Great Midwestern Tour" of year 2000, they had with them "Digital" and "Analog," along with a couple other felines placed with them by owners who couldn't keep them any more. I had my sketchbook with me and did sketches of the cats. "Digital" was a gelded male part-Maine Coon who had a hilarious repertoire of tricks that kept us amused. "Analog" was a fierce little feline female who was rescued from hard times to live in a loving family. The images on the upper left are of fluffy Digital, whose sense of space was somewhat more-than-three-dimensional. The cat on the lower right is Analog.

Digital ran away, but Analog remains with my friends. She is still fierce but is now well-advanced in age. They added another Maine Coon to the household, a neutered male named "Zip," after the briefly flourishing "Zip Drive" which for a year or so rivaled the CD in data storage. There is plenty of cat hair, plenty of computers too.

Cat Sketches are pencil on sketchbook pages, September 17, 2000.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the sketches of the cats! I still miss Digital as he was one of the few cats that the word suave would fit. His smile was adorable. Zip Drive is more phlegmatic and only shows much character when food is involved. Ana is still fierce at age 16, but she is showing her age with her relationship with her heating pad. Thank you for the memories!