Monday, March 7, 2011

Guinness and Murphy



The inexorable grinding wheel of the year now brings us to the celebration of things Irish, whether they are authentic or not. I think Guinness Stout is authentic because I remember drinking it in Ireland. These cans of stout are built with a clever contraption inside them that re-creates the texture and foaminess of draft beer. I have been to Ireland twice and I have vivid memories of the place, including watching raptly as draught Guinness separated black elixir from white foam.

I don't often do big boards for Trader Joe's but this time I did, adding pseudo-Celtic ornament to an ad for Guinness and Murphy. The ad copy was provided by a co-worker who is at least partially Irish and married to someone of Irish background.

Trader Joe's endcap board, about 36" x 24", March 6, 2011.

No comments: