Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Active Universe



Reading books on cosmology makes me want to use bright colored abstractions in spacescapes. Well, maybe not, but all that red from the redshifts has to go somewhere. This is inspired by galaxy clusters and gravitational lenses which squirt photons around major mass concentrations. Not to mention the dark matter, which you can't see in this picture at all!

I have been nibbling at Science once again through reading books, although I'm not doing any math, but perhaps I should start writing again on my other blog, ELECTRON BLUE 2, which has been in suspended animation since last year. Could you stand more writing from me, or is this quite enough?

This piece was done in both Photoshop AND Adobe Illustrator, which was responsible (through my action using it, of course) for the hard edged shapes of red and crimson and yellow.

"Active Universe" is Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, 7" x 10", March 29, 2011.

2 comments:

Mary said...

For the record, I'm in favor of you writing again on Electron Blue 2 and in favor of learning physics by reading books as well as drilling math skills. I have book recommendations if you ever want to hear them...

Pyracantha said...

Mary: I would love your recommendations on physics books. I already have "Warped Passages" by Lisa Randall. I am also interested in astrophysics and the cosmic microwave background, which is what I am reading about right now.
Even if only you read Electron Blue 2, it will be worth writing it.