Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just Another Naked Woman




You judge a figure drawing by its anatomical accuracy, grace of movement, prettiness, and sense of standing balance. Also important is a feeling of looseness and relaxation, which give the picture a "living" quality rather than just a copy from a photo. This one is from "Art Models 3," and I might just be gaining a little bit of these qualities in my figure drawings. I left some of the original sketchy lines in the drawing to give it a bit of spontaneity, but my doing that when I am drawing from a photo betrays the notion of spontaneity. Also absent is her left arm (she has one, it is just hidden behind her.) And I haven't done much in the "hotness" department. This is an art model study, not a pin-up. Oh well. Only 9800 to go before I've reached the Ten Thousand Figure Drawings level of achievement. That was a made-up statistic, but those of you who know about the "ten thousand" practices thing know what I'm talking about. Maybe next time I'll turn up the babe-ulosity factor a little.

2 comments:

emikk said...

I wonder if the Barbie we know and love went through 10000 incarnations before she was mass produced?

Pyracantha said...

Emikk, the Barbie doll was based on a German fashion doll named "Bild Lilli:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild_Lilli_doll
so they already had something to work with.