Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Great Interdimensional Lens



I love visionary narratives. The occult and New Age world is filled with them. Human creativity is limitless, and it doesn't take much to visit other worlds and bring back wonderful stories of life in Heaven or Hell. People have been doing this as long as there has been consciousness. I collect these stories and love to illustrate them. The more detail the seer recounts, the better it is for me the illustrator. This one is from the California UFO-contact sect, "Unarius." Unlike many of these groups, it continues, though on a modest level, after the passing of its founder. Ruth Norman, also called "Uriel," was the inspired lady who was the source of most of the material I illustrated. Her visions are collected in books published by the Unarius group and were the source of many of my New Age illustrations in 1987 and 1988. During those years I also worked in a New Age bookstore where I came into contact with lots of rainbow diamond visions. If you have enough imagination, you don't need drugs to visit other worlds. It's interesting though, how similar much of the New Age art from the late 20th century is, including mine.

"The Great Interdimensional Lens" is acrylic on illustration board, 8" x 10", June 1988. My records show that it was bought at "Ecumenicon," a New Age convention, for the visionary price of $10.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Gee, this has a very digital feel. I gues sit is the glow you have on the figures...but overall I like the way you did this.