Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dancer of the Green Ray



In my little character paintings of the Seven Rays, Green was a dancer. I found an image of famous dancer Carmen de Lavallade to use as my model, and gave her green and copper swirly ribbons to play with. She's floating in the Green Ray dancing to a green rhythm.

I never did an image for the Orange, Yellow, or Light Blue Rays. Those would later become Zoroastrian Immortals. I love spectrum spirituality. There's a book that I read some time ago which envisioned a fairytale world ruled by TWELVE different color gods. People affiliated themselves with up to four different gods, so you had a signature color combination. The book was "The Temple of the Twelve" by an author who called herself "Esmerelda Little Flame." And well gosh, someone's done the art so I don't have to! Here's the "Temple of the Twelve" web site.

"Dancer of the Green Ray" is acrylic on illustration board, 6" x 9", March 1990.

No comments: