Thursday, December 30, 2010

Face Study



I did a digital face study. My model is from one of the excellent "Art Models" series of books which are full of draw-able people posing in interesting positions. This is the first time I've done a face in Photoshop. Original resolution is 300 dpi. I worked carefully on the eyes, nose, and mouth, trying to get the drawing and modeling right. I didn't draw it in pencil first and I did not trace, I copied by eye drawing on my tablet, from the model photo on the screen. I know that this drawing is rather flat and doesn't have enough shadow and light, but I am going to work on that. The next model photo collection from "Art Models" will be "The Female Figure in Shadow and Light." Which sounds a bit mystical but it is just what I need.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Nicely done, especially with no underlying sketch!