Friday, July 2, 2010

Voyage to the Grey Planet



A specifically science-fictional piece by me, combining airbrush and hand brushed nebula with hand-brushed spaceship. The asymmetrical profile may just be how it looks from the side. From above, it might have the proper bilateral symmetry that most spaceship plans are built on. Some viewers thought that it looked like an electric guitar from this angle, and I wasn't about to say no, though I was not thinking of that when I painted it. "Electric Guitar Spaceship?" It's been done, but not by me. The "Grey Planet" is visible in the upper center of the image.

"Voyage to the Grey Planet" is acrylic on illustration board, 14" x 11", October 1991.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Realy nice! It works for me on many levels. You know, I still think a nice little book printed by Endevour Printing of your space art would sell! If you ask they can do runs of 20 and do 24 pages. Very affordable.