Monday, July 26, 2010

Stars of Hollywood



Why are movie players called "stars?" Because they shine brightly, of course. There are astronomical celebrities too, and they radiate in nebulas and active areas of radio-intense galaxies. These stars emit lots of glow. They even explode sometimes, like real movie stars. I don't watch many movies, but I love to see the star fashions that they parade around in. I say, the glitzier the better.

If you had a spaceship and it had to pass through this area of intense radiation, you'd want to go as fast as possible so you wouldn't get fried. Hence the title of this small picture, "Escape from Hollywood." Would you like to trade your life for that of a Hollywood celebrity, even for one day? I wouldn't be able to walk in those super high heeled shoes. But the sequins and shine would be kinda cool. Sorry, the only dazzle I have is in the paint containers.

"Escape from Hollywood" is acrylic on illustration board, 7" x 10", November 1991. Will I ever leave 1991??

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very dramatic, I can see how you came up with this title.