Friday, June 18, 2010

Two Red Stars


In 1991, the Hubble Space Telescope had not yet shown us the amazingly detailed pictures of nebulae and stars that would later become famous. (Oh, excuse me, not famous, ICONIC.) So I was making it up as I went along with my airbrush space pictures. This one features two bright red stars, accenting the usual blue glow and pink highlights. The title of this picture is "Twin Peaks," named after the iconic TV show which was so popular in 1991. The writers of this bizarre and confused TV series also were making it up as they went along.

"Twin Peaks" is iconic on illustration board, 7" x 10", June 1991.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

First, I like the picture, it reminds me of a giant space octopod or squid.

Second, I am so sorry that now it looks like you are getting spam from India! Sheesh! I am lucky, I have not had this problem yet.