Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Live Action Role Playing




I've never done a live action role playing game (acronym "LARP") but I have friends that do. You have to be a lot more theatrical than I am to enjoy one. In the dreary winter of 1993 they invited me to contribute art for the cover of the program book of an entire convention of live action gamers. I borrowed the image from a satirical ballet by French-Swiss avant-garde master Maurice Bejart. The convention was in Massachusetts and on the weekend it was scheduled, there was a major snowstorm. But the players who were already in the hotel were hardly bothered; they happily went about their acting and gaming inside the hotel for the whole weekend.

"Intercon Program Book Cover" was ink on Bristol board, about 5" x 7", March 1993.

No comments: