Friday, January 15, 2010

Battle of Elves and Ogres




I may have posted this before, but if so, then this is a newer and better image of the painting. This was a commission from some friends of mine who love my art (they are the best kind of friends). I painted them an action-packed fantasy battle between two humanoid forms, analogous to elves and ogres. This is from the highly entertaining "Pliocene Exile" series by fantasy author Julian May.

"The Grand Combat" is acrylic on illustration board, 20" x 30", finished in 1992.
Click on the picture for a somewhat larger version.

By the way, for those who are interested, I now have an account on the "DeviantArt" site, where you may view assorted works and even buy prints of them. Look for me under the username "Volcannah."

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

wowo a battle scene from you!! Now that is something I have not seen before. And a fantastic City in the background...amazing!DeviantArt, eww! I know alot of people with accounts there but I don't like or trust them (DA not the people with accounts).