Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Noantri History Panel




It's been a long time since I posted something from my own imaginary world, the world of the Noantri. Maybe too long, by my standards. I searched on dusty shelves and found a few graphic panels that I had done in September of 2003. At that time I was considering writing a history of my Noantri people, or at least their time on New Earth, done in a graphic novel format. I used markers for these experimental panels. As I remember, I didn't like the look of my finished panels. I couldn't get enough fine detail or smooth texture with my markers and marker pens. After about three pages, I abandoned the project. But here's one of the panels I did, dated September 30, 2003.

Early Noantri New Earth history, about 8" x 4 3/4", markers on sketchbook page, panel 1.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Hmm, I understand about the lack of detail, but it does give it an interesting look. Even your "low" details are more detailed than some peoples "well" detailed stuff!