Saturday, November 21, 2009

Meteor Wing




Kandinsky goes into space! Here's the Kandinskified version of the red squad of space fighters and their colorful decorations and insignia. The bright colors in this are inspired by superhero comics. This is the last in the series of smaller space and abstract pictures that I am preparing for DarkoverCon. This is not a good reproduction image of this picture as it didn't scan well, but I figure a flawed image is better than no image. I'll take its picture with my digital camera when sunlight is available. Space is for heroes!

"Meteor Wing" is 9 3/4" x 9 1/4", acrylic on coated matboard, November 2009.

2 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

Not sure why, but this apeals to me. I think maybe it's the strong graphic nature of it.

Mary said...

Hey Pyracantha --

Where can I buy a print?