Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Progressland at Starbucks


A change in district management has allowed the local manager of my favorite Starbucks more freedom to decorate his coffee ad board, so he invited me to resume doing theme art there. This is what I did on the board on Tuesday night. As usual, I use opaque acrylic markers. All of this futuristic architecture is taken from images of the 1964 New York World's Fair, of which I have spoken in previous postings. "Progressland" was an exhibit at the GE (General Electric) pavilion, created by Walt Disney Productions, which showed how America has made progress in electricity and energy, including fusion energy, our source for the 21st century. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill Cotter said...

That's a great piece indeed! I love your use of the images from the fair. Where is this particular Starbucks?

If you're a fan of the fair, which it looks like you are, please visit our discussion forum at www.peacethroughunderstanding.org. I'll let people there know about your artwork.

Regards

Bill

Wayne Bretl said...

I like the composition, the technique, and the colors!

Please do visit the NYWF forum and let us know how you picked the theme.

Pyracantha said...

Dear Wayne and Bill: I'm trying to contact you here as your World's Fair site was not working when I visited it on 9 January. Please contact me at volcannah@yahoo.com.
My name is "Pyracantha."